Implementation of an Integrated Management System and Point of Sale (POS) Application
Zone is very satisfied with the user-friendliness and simplicity of the system, as well as its ability to support the company's processes.
- Management of all business activities, including eight stores, with LS Central (formerly LS Nav)
- Autonomy in integration with the online store
- Excellent cash register system
Founded in 1980, Zone is a Quebec company whose mission is to offer its customers a pleasant shopping experience through a range of decorative and utilitarian items combining variety, quality, trend, affordable prices and an outstanding service. Zone has eight stores in Quebec and Ontario, divided into three legal entities including Zone, VdV and Magasin Général Val-David. All of Zone's boutiques are located in busy areas.
Business solutions in place no longer met Zone's needs. Their home system consisted of a Point of Sale (POS) solution, purchases and inventory. The company also used a version of Sage for financial management, in addition to a custom e-commerce platform.
These systems made it difficult for Zone to produce ad hoc reports. Also, from a technical point of view, the system was based on an old SQL version (business logic and database). The same was true for the web platform.
Challenges and Goals
Zone wanted a simple, easy-to-use integrated management system that would support its growth and corporate values for a more enjoyable consumer experience, as well as in-store and online marketing.
From a functional point of view, the new solution needed to eliminate manual entries required daily to transcribe in the Sage system the sales results of each point of sale and the website. The system had to support the planning of transfers between the eight shops that represented a complex logistic. We also wanted to replace the manual process for managing online order shipments.
After having assessed several options, Zone chose to implement the LS Central solution (formerly LS NAV). Unique of its kind, LS Central integrates all the elements required for the proper functioning of the company within the same application and database, combining retail, accounting and procurement.
The LS Central solution is based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, an integrated management software package (ERP), and integrated with LS Retail. This retail application is:
- A recognized solution in the market;
- Belonging to an extensive network of partners and important resource pool.
Createch consultants worked with Zone employees to implement the LS Central solution. A high degree of importance has been accorded to the project at all levels of the Zone organization, from management to employees. As a result, Createch's experts deployed the necessary resources to ensure the success of the project.
Thanks to its new business solution, Zone now has more control over:
- Actions performed in the system
- Tracking lay-offs and transfer requests
- Employee discounts and purchases
- Accounting and payment of goods
- Inventory planning
In addition, Zone has a more modern, easy-to-learn cash register system for clerks. It allows:
- The possibility of adding complementary products as well as comments on the invoice or during special actions
- Apply the balances directly to the fund
- To support a better autonomy on the follow-up and the delivery of online orders for the storekeeper